All of your questions about the club answered!
- Joining us is easy! Just head over to our Join Us page and follow the instructions there. Any difficulties please contact the details provided.
- Yes they can! Due to covid restrictions, we cannot take cash. Therefore, every first walk of the month will be available for all to come along, for free! Other walks during that month will be members only.
- Walks are traditionally every Saturday and Sunday, although sometimes we run walks at different times, so keep an eye out on the What's On? page.
- You are very welcome to bring a dog on our walks! Please bear in mind that dogs aren't always allowed on the public transport we use (although they are usually allowed in the pubs we visit at the end!).
- Northern (the rail service we most commonly use) do allow dogs on their trains, with a few restrictions.
- Also please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for your dog during the walk, it is solely your responsibility to both keep safe and keep it safe around livestock.
- Membership of the club only costs £5 per year - this gets you free access to any of our walks that we run.
- It does not cover any insurance, nor are you covered by any (the University's public liability insurance only covers you on their grounds). However, we always have a First-Aider on our walks & our leaders will do their best to look after you.
- Your membership fee goes directly into the running of the club, as we do subsidise various activities and training for our leaders. It also goes towards keeping our kit up-to-date!
- We have previously done a lock-in with Blacks in the past where we get discounted prices - keep an eye on our events as this is something we would like to do again!
- For detail on what kit you should buy, check out our Kit page.
- We love to get our members involved in the running of the club as much as we can, please head on over to our Join Us page for more information!
- Due to ongoing COVID restrictions this year, we are having to pre-register participants for walks, and also impose a cap on the number of people who can attend - this is limited by how many leaders are available that weekend.
- Each week on Tuesday, in our email/on our website, we will publish the Google Form link for the walk that week's weekend - which you can then sign up to!
- Following this, our COVID Officer (Matthew Saward), will send you a mandatory Track & Trace form, which you must complete before coming on the walk. If you do not/cannot complete this, you will not be able to attend & we will offer your space to someone else.
How to start a site - Check this