For our next trip, we're going to the Lake District this Easter holidays! We'll be staying three nights in luxury accommodation (site here - includes "Fluffy White Towels"!) and during the day going on walks in the surrounding countryside. In the evening, we'll be chatting/playing card games etc. and one evening we'll eat a meal at the pub.
We'll be going on Monday 3rd April and returning Thursday 6th April, so the first week of the Easter break.
Basic summary of costs
• £70 – you pay this to us a few days before the trip. This is for your lovely accommodation for three nights, three breakfasts, and two evening meals. All food made by us, or even with your help (hooray!) We’ve reserved rooms for everyone already. Bedding and towel provided!
• Your train ticket – you will need to buy this separately, either beforehand (preferred) or on the day, for travel between Sheffield and Oxenholme Lake District. The safer, more flexible option is an Off-Peak Return, which costs £45.90, (or £30.30 with a 16-25 railcard). Cheaper options are available, but at your own risk; if we accidentally miss a train and you have bought a cheaper ticket for a specific train, you may need to buy a new ticket to travel on the new train. We will try to keep to the times shown below!
The specific trains we will try to take:
Monday 3rd April
10:11 - 11:03 Sheffield - Manchester Piccadilly
11:15 - 12:28 Manchester Piccadilly – Oxenholme Lake District
Thursday 6th April
14:10 - 15:25 Oxenholme Lake District - Manchester Oxford Road
15:39 - 16:33 Manchester Oxford Road – Sheffield
• Local transport. We may travel to Windermere (a big lake area!) on one day, which will cost around £4-6 for a return ticket if we do.
• One pub meal – around £10-15 (the area can be a bit more expensive than Sheffield).
• Extra spending and emergency money.
If you're interested, please send an email to email@example.com to reserve a place. They're limited, so it's best to be quick! Hope you have a good time!